Where is the talloc repository?

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Tue Mar 15 09:15:46 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-15 at 09:38 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 08:51:22AM +0100, Michael Adam wrote:
> > I don't think so. As has been said before, this will not be the
> > case for the core libs: In case of a split-out, the Samba Team
> > can and should establish mechanisms and policies from preventing
> > this to happen.  Also the core libs already have their own waf
> > build system.
>
> The core libs won't be split out. See the case of today with
> uid_wrapper and a patch that went unmerged for 4 months.

Well, as as said before: you could have pushed that patch
yourself to the uid_wrapper. So that is not an argument.

> This might be okay for pure testing infrastructure, but we can
> not allow this to happen for core libraries. Sorry, this is
> just a complete no-go that will not happen.

You would have all the control you need over the core libs
in separate repos.

Don't get me wrong: I am more than willing to accept real
arguments, but these don't really seem to click for me,
since they don't my perception of reality and extrapolate
from another case which is somewhat different.

Cheers - Michael