Where is the talloc repository?

Mon Mar 14 11:03:41 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 09:32:23AM +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Saturday 12 March 2016 08:10:32 Richard Sharpe wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I notice that talloc-2.1.6 was created recently, and I had just
> > downloaded 2.1.5 a week or so ago.
> >
> > I would like to keep informed of the changes so I can determine if I
> > need to pull down the latest release.
> >
> > Where is the repos?
>
> That's what I'm requesting already since a long time. Have talloc and tevent
> in its own git tree. It is a pain to maintain them without a repository and
> everytime I try to update Samba to a new release I run into the issue that
> talloc is not released for that version yet.

Likewise the other way round: Every time I have to fix a bug in the
wrappers I have to wait and see that upstream has not done a release
yet. There is no good solution to this, either way just sucks.  I have
a few patches locally for the wrappers that are just not worth putting
through the upstream release process.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de