new statx() like interface for libcephfs

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 19:05:24 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-06-28 at 14:53 -0400, Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
> Is stx_version a generation ID for the inode that can be used for the
> NFSv4 Change ID?  If so, that would be quite useful to us.  Otherwise,
> I'm not sure there's that much in there that's useful beyond what stat
> already provides, unless I'm missing something.

Yeah, I think that's the idea behind that field in statx calls, but
I'll note that I didn't wire that up here. That is the nice thing about
the proposed statx API though. We can add stuff like that in a
piecemeal fashion, as long as the callers check the stx_mask to make
sure the returned values are legit.

I'll look at whether it's possible to wire that up as well if it's
helpful for ganesha.