[Patch] Fix the ";binary" suffix behavior

Niklas Abel niklas.abel at lsexperts.de
Mon Jun 27 16:59:07 UTC 2016

Hey,

On 06/27/2016 07:06 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-06-20 at 23:53 +0200, Niklas Abel wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I have written a new patch to fix the behavior previously discussed
>> at
>>
>> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2016-May/114242.html
>>

>> It modifies search requests with a ";binary" suffix.
>> If an attributes’ suffix is ";binary" the binary part will simple be
>> stripped away.
> Can we first check if this is needed before we do any work?  That is,
> check for ; where we check for . on line 482?
>
> We don't want to do the work for the 99.99% of cases where this isn't
> supplied by the client.
Yes of course, I have changed it in the new patch file.
> Then you can replace the call
> to str_list_copy_const() on line 523.
We have to replace the req->op.search.attrs, its not enough to clean the
list for attrs2.

> Finally, just make sure to match our coding style and indentation.
>  README.Coding has the details.
I have changed the indentation, sorry for that.

>> The behavior is now fixed as suggested in the resolve_oids.c
>>
>> @Andrew I hope the Python test is what you was looking for.
> That much is OK.
>
> You are doing well, and are really close!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Thanks for your reply. :-)

Bye,
Niklas Abel

--
Niklas Abel (IT Security Consultant), http://www.lsexperts.de
LSE Leading Security Experts GmbH, Postfach 100121, 64201 Darmstadt