Improve badPwdCount, lastLogon and logonCount updates

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 27 07:01:12 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-06-27 at 07:25 +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> > > here're some patches to improve the badPwdCount, lastLogon
> > > and logonCount updates.
> > >
> > > See
> > > https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/he
> > > master4-smart-base
> > > This is on top of
> > > https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/he
> > > master4-pwdlastset.
> > > I don't know if it would also apply independently...
> > >
> > > We may need to add some BUG: markers, but you can start the
> > > review...
> >
> > I've reviewed the bulk of these for pwdLastSet, and have started an
> > autobuild with them, except for the code to force specific
> > replPropertyMetaData values, which both didn't seem to be related
> > and
> > broke the repl_move test.
>
> Can you be more specific about that? what did you skip? What did it
> break?

Run 'make test TESTS=repl_move'

The check for expected replPropertyMetaData values in particular.

> It seems that the repl_move test is flakey, like other related ones.

That is different, and both Garming and I have posted a patch for that
(the schema reload patch, both the HACK patch and a potential fix).  I
intend to review Garming's rework of my schema patch tomorrow.

> > Thanks for your patience.  I'm continuing my review of the rest of
> > msater4-smart-tmp, which seems to be where the lastLogon and
> > logonCount
> > patches are.
>
> I reordered the patchsets, while adding the BUG markers.
>
> It's now like this:
>
> master4-pwdlastset => master4-smart-ok => master4-smart-tmp
>                                        => master4-gpgme
>
> These are all ready from my side.

Thanks.  Expect some of those to be in autobuild in the next few days.