[Patch] Fix the ";binary" suffix behavior

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 27 05:06:58 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-06-20 at 23:53 +0200, Niklas Abel wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have written a new patch to fix the behavior previously discussed
> at
>
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2016-May/114242.html
>

> It modifies search requests with a ";binary" suffix.
> If an attributes’ suffix is ";binary" the binary part will simple be
> stripped away.

Can we first check if this is needed before we do any work?  That is,
check for ; where we check for . on line 482?

We don't want to do the work for the 99.99% of cases where this isn't
supplied by the client.  Then you can replace the call
to str_list_copy_const() on line 523.

Finally, just make sure to match our coding style and indentation.
 README.Coding has the details.

> The behavior is now fixed as suggested in the resolve_oids.c
>
> @Andrew I hope the Python test is what you was looking for.

That much is OK.

You are doing well, and are really close!

Thanks!

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba