PATCHES: Password sync as active directory domain controller

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 27 04:59:53 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-06-21 at 01:03 +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2016, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:

> > I've rebased that branch on current master.

> > > I did run through a half of the review but I have trouble in
> > > actually
> > > successfully running the tests, they seem to fail to me. The code
> > > changes seem to be logical to me so not sure what happens.
> > Do you have gpgme-devel and python-gpgme installed?
> I do, the code builds fine, make test fails if I run the gpgme tests
> alone. I'll do another round today after setting up IOLab's
> environment.

As a start, can we please have the configure script print out suggested
package names to install for gpgme, and put the info in the WHATSNEW?

I'm out of time at work today, and this is the point I got stuck on :-)

More broadly, how do we know that putting in extra info into
supplementalCredentials is safe?  It isn't that I'm opposed - I think
it is high time we started innovating ahead of Microsoft, because that
is where Samba is at its best - but I figure you have thought of that
also.

Thanks!

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba