net ads dns register blah.$REALM a.b.c.d -P fails in self tests but succeeds in testenv

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 17:19:53 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

It is a curious thing that if I do a net ads dns register blah.$REALM
10.1.4.99 -P in a 'make testenv SELFTEST_TESTENV="ad_member:local"' in
the window that is started, it works, but if I do it in the new test
script I have written, it fails.

The failure seems to be:

Starting GENSEC mechanism spnego
Starting GENSEC submechanism gse_krb5
gss_acquire_creds failed for GSS_C_NO_NAME with [ No credentials were
supplied, or the credentials were unavailable or inaccessible.:
unknown mech-code 0 for mech 1 2 840 113554 1 2 2] -the caller may
retry after a kinit.
Failed to start GENSEC client mech gse_krb5: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR
Failed to setup SPNEGO negTokenInit request: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR
ads_sasl_spnego_gensec_bind(KRB5) failed with: An internal error
occurred., calling kinit
error on ads_startup: Cannot read password
return code = -1

I will ponder on this for a while to see if I can figure it out, but
if anyone else know the issue, please let me know.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe