tevent_abort_nesting crash in idmap_ad

Volker Lendecke vl at samba.org
Fri Jun 24 21:21:35 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 11:45:01AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Was easier than I thought. Compiles but
> not (yet) tested.

It might fix the nested event loop, but it's pointless and inefficient
to go through a _send/_recv pair when we have a sync routine deeply
inside. It would make sense if we converted tldap to a fully sync API,
but then it would make even more sense to just use the standard, sync
OpenLDAP API. The bug that the idmap_ad rewrite fixed can also be fixed
using the OpenLDAP API, and that's what I'll have to tackle next.

So: NACK until we have a truly async gensec. We can leave the tldap code
in if you like, but we need to put in a descriptive #error directive so
that people can't use it.

Volker