Some thoughts on the external recovery lock helper

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Sat Jun 18 02:34:10 UTC 2016

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 07:56:56 -0700, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. If I get time I will try to work up the library approach.

Can we try to avoid this until you're absolutely sure that the current
approach doesn't give you what you need?

We're trying to keep things very loosely coupled so that we have room
to manoeuvre as we keep improving things.  At the moment the mutex API
is about as simple as it can possibly be.  :-)

peace & happiness,
martin