CIFS proxy using VFS

Chris Miller chris at cmiller.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 16:03:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

I asked a question back in Jan about getting vfs_cifs proxy working (in the NTVFS codebase). I did get it working, also using kerberos forwarding and was interested to know if it would be feasible/possible to write a similar proxy module in the normal vfs codebase/style without the NTVFS codebase.

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2016-January/111832.html <https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2016-January/111832.html>

My question, if it is feasible to build an SMB/SMB2 proxy in vfs, is it possible to use the same S42UProxy forwarding mechanism that was used in the original vfs_cifs? is support already available for this in the other codebase?

Many Thanks

Chris