Questions regarding vfs module development and memcache

Trever L. Adams trever at middleearth.sapphiresunday.org
Fri Jun 10 14:44:03 UTC 2016

Regarding my work on https://github.com/fumiyas/samba-virusfilter/. One
of the todo items is to move away from his own caching system for the
scan results to Samba's memcache. The problem with this is that the
information contains to variable length members: the file name and the
scan report.

I know I can talloc an object that is the datastructure (with the
lengths for those) + the needed space and memcpy, or similar, the data
into that object.

I am using my own privately declared memcache, but the memcache_number
is of concern. I am assuming I need to use a TALLOC type. The only thing
that makes sense is SINGLETON_CACHE_TALLOC. Based on the code, it
appears I can use anything that is a TALLOC type.

Am I missing something or are there recommendations one can offer?

Thank you,
Trever