Patches to unify ACL handling in vfs_ceph + vfs_gluster

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Jul 22 00:09:04 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 08:46:11PM -0400, Ira Cooper wrote:
> This is the patchset Zheng sent upstream earlier this year, with some
> slight tweaks, mainly adding back in some important comments to the code.
>
> Please review,

Nice work ! I can't test as I don't have gluster or ceph setups
locally, but the code changes are clear enough (and a really
nice refactoring to share the code between gluster and ceph) !

Unfortunately doesn't compile on master due to:

../source3/modules/posixacl_xattr.c: In function ‘posixacl_xattr_acl_get_file’:
../source3/modules/posixacl_xattr.c:384:4: error: too few arguments to function ‘synthetic_smb_fname’
    synthetic_smb_fname(frame, path_p, NULL, NULL);

which means it needs updating to add in the
flags field I added.

Can you fix that up and resend ? It's just
adding an extra zero parameter to:

synthetic_smb_fname(frame, path_p, NULL, NULL);

but I didn't want to push something I'd modified
without you looking at it.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.