Improve badPwdCount, lastLogon and logonCount updates

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 7 19:30:54 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-07-07 at 18:25 +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Andrew,

> > > Run 'make test TESTS=repl_move'
> > >
> > > The check for expected replPropertyMetaData values in particular.
>
> I've fix the problem with repl_move.
>
> It seems Windows creates a metadata stamp for logonHours on add
> even when it's not present.
>
> https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/
> master4-pwdlastset
>
> Should pass now. I'm currently doing a private autobuild.

Thanks!

I really appreciate your efforts here.  These look good, expect a
positive review and push on these shortly.

While not your job at all, if you have any clues as to why, after these
fixes, the tombstone reanimation behaviour has changed, that would be
very helpful.

I'm hoping to get tombstone_reanimate restored for Samba 4.5, and the
restored tests fail with:

UNEXPECTED(failure):
samba4.tombstone_reanimation.python.tombstone_reanimation.RestoreUserOb
jectTestCase.test_restore_user(ad_dc_ntvfs)
REASON: Exception: Exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/data/samba/git/samba/source4/dsdb/tests/python/tombstone_reanimation.
py", line 364, in test_restore_user
    self.assertAttributesEqual(obj, attr_orig, obj_restore, attr_rest)
  File
"/data/samba/git/samba/source4/dsdb/tests/python/tombstone_reanimation.
py", line 88, in assertAttributesEqual
    % (str(attrs_orig.difference(attrs_rest)),
str(attrs_rest.difference(attrs_orig))))
AssertionError: Actual object does not have expected attributes,
missing from expected (set(['pwdLastSet'])), extra (set([]))

I'm sure I can figure it out - presumably pwdLastSet moved from some
common code to a special case - but any clues give me more time to
review your other patches ;-)

The git tree is:

http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gw?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tombs
tone-reanimation-for-master