ctdb getdbmap doesn't include registry.tdb

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Fri Jul 1 20:15:45 UTC 2016

On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 08:40:31 -0700, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 8:23 AM, Steve French <smfrench at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How do you tell ctdb to manage registry.tdb?
> >
> > In a test system, I just ran "ctdb getdbmap" I noticed that
> > registry.tdb was not included in the list, although 17 others are (see
> > below).  smb.conf does have include = registry, and net conf list
> > shows a few config parms.  Presumably the registry.tdb needs to be
> > upgraded to be clustered, perhaps the problem is caused if any
> > registry commands (net conf) are issued prior to starting ctdb?
>
> That is strange because I am pretty certain it was managing the
> registry.tdb a couple of years ago when I checked this out.

This is on a cluster running CTDB from master:

  [root at m1n1 ~]# ctdb getdbmap | grep registry
  dbid:0x6cf2837d name:registry.tdb path:/var/lib/ctdb/persistent/registry.tdb.0 PERSISTENT

I don't think this has ever been broken... well, at least not in
recent times...

> What happens if you use net conf blah blah on one of the nodes. Can
> you see the new entries on other nodes?

Good test!

> Perhaps it is just an error in the ctdb tool.

Or perhaps smb.conf is missing the following line?

        ctdb:registry.tdb=yes

Now documented at:

  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/CTDB_Setup#Critical_smb.conf_parameters

peace & happiness,