Adds possibility to change another user password

github at samba.org github at samba.org
Mon Jan 25 10:25:48 UTC 2016

New comment by abartlet on Samba Github repository

https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/42#issuecomment-174462375
Comment:
On Mon, 2016-01-18 at 02:20 -0800, Guillaume Gomez wrote:
> Any news on this pull request?
> —

This pull request isn't going anywhere, sorry.

I know it isn't simple to patch our other tools, but smbpasswd is *not*
going to get another option, even one as 'simple' as this.  It is
legacy tool kept because it is often used and may be referenced in
scripts.  The new tools are 'net' and 'samba-tool'.

Sorry,