samba 4.3.4: winbindd is mapping a user uid to an incorrected value

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:35:21 UTC 2016

On gio, 2016-01-14 at 15:14 +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 14/01/16 14:55, Daniele Dario wrote:
> > See inline answers
> >

> > Yeah. Right now I don't have a machine to set up another domain member.
> > When I first provisioned the domain (4.0.beta) this was both the DC and
> > the fileserver. Now moving it means to buy another machine and I'm
> > waiting for the money slot to do it. I'll catch you up when I'd be
> > ready ;-)
>
> OK, you can only work with what you have, in an ideal world, you would
> have a spare machine lying around, but this isn't an ideal world :-)
>
> > Ops. Misunderstood the meaning :-(
>
> OK
> >>
> >> uidNumber: 4001101
> >> uidNumber: 4001105
> >> uidNumber: 4001001
> >> uidNumber: 4001002
> >> uidNumber: 4001102
> >> uidNumber: 4001106
> >> uidNumber: 4001110
> >> uidNumber: 4001104
> >> uidNumber: 4001112
> >> uidNumber: 4001108
> >> uidNumber: 4001103
> >> uidNumber: 4001111
> >> uidNumber: 4001114
> >> uidNumber: 4001113
> >> uidNumber: 4001109
> >> uidNumber: 4001003
> >> uidNumber: 4001107
>
> So your users do have a uidNumber
>
> > 4001107
>
> And Domain Users does have a gidNumber, looking good so far :-)
>
> > Just take in account I did what you proposed (net cache flush) and now
> > wbinfo is giving the right uid.
>
> This proves it is a cache problem.
>
> > If the user tries to connect it's home folder samba still resolves the
> > wrong uid
>
> Is it that the user is still getting the wrong uid, or does the home
> directory belong to the wrong uidNumber (this is more likely).
>
> > but I didn't restart it because people is still working.
>
> If the home dirs belong to the wrong uidNumbers, then restarting is not
> going to fix this, you are going to have to 'chown' them i.e. 'chown
> marco:Domain\ Users /home/SAITEL/marco'
>
> > Would it be that I didn't remove the gencache.tbd so I need to stop
> > the service, remove gencache.tdb and than restart it?
>
> I certainly wouldn't remove it from a running system, and you may not
> have to remove it, see how you go on.
>
> Rowland
> >> Rowland
> >>

> > Daniele.

Sorry. Before I pasted the wrong gidNumber for Domain Users (it's
gidNumber: 4000001 phew: rereading your answer I got scared because it
was the same of the uidNumber I was having problems)

>From what I see in the log samba has still the wrong uidNumber cached

[2016/01/14 16:32:00.820368,
2] ../source3/modules/vfs_acl_xattr.c:193(connect_acl_xattr)
  connect_acl_xattr: setting 'inherit acls = true' 'dos filemode = true'
and 'force unknown acl user = true' for service marco
[2016/01/14 16:32:00.824023,
2] ../source3/smbd/service.c:864(make_connection_snum)
  192.168.12.112 (ipv4:192.168.12.112:49264) connect to service marco
initially as user SAITEL\marco (uid=3000033, gid=100) (pid 3914)

It's folder is owned by the right uid so I'll see what happens just
restarting samba as soon as I can.

I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot, Daniele.