Testing PAM modules and applications in the Matrix

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Thu Jan 14 07:31:51 UTC 2016

Jakub Hrozek and I are proud to announce the first release of pam_wrapper [1].
This tool allows you to either simplify testing of application using PAM or
PAM modules.
For testing PAM applications we have written a simple PAM module called
pam_matrix. If you plan to test a PAM module you can use the pamtest library
we have implemented. It simplifies testing of modules. You can combine it with
the cmocka unit testing framework [2] or you can use the provided Python
bindings to write tests for your module in Python.

Jakub and I have written an article for LWN.net to provide more details how to
use it. If you are a subscriber (it will be publicly accessible next
Thursday), you can find it here:

	https://lwn.net/Articles/671094/

[1] https://cwrap.org
[2] https://cmocka.org

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org