quota support on Solaris 10

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Tue Jan 12 00:53:12 UTC 2016

I'm having trouble getting quotas to work on Solaris 10 with Samba
v4.3.3 and Veritas v5.1.  I'm pretty sure this was working on Samba
v3.6.25 before I upgraded.

>From the configure output on v4.3.3:

[root at chernobyl samba-4.3.3]# grep quota configure.log
Checking for header sys/fs/vx/quota.h                        : no
Checking for header sys/fs/vx_quota.h                                                           : no
Checking for header sys/quota.h                                                                 : no
Checking for header ufs/ufs/quota.h                                                             : no
for XFS QUOTA in <sys/quota.h>                                                                  : not found
Checking for header rpcsvc/rquota.h                                                             : yes
Checking for member getquota_rslt_u in struct getquota_rslt                                     : ok
for QUOTACTL_4A: long quotactl(int cmd, char *special, qid_t id, caddr_t addr)                  : not found
for QUOTACTL_4B:  int quotactl(const char *path, int cmd, int id, char *addr)                   : not found

Looking through config.log on v3.6.25, I see a lot of quota tests that
fail, but then it finds this:

configure:33475: checking whether the old quota support works
configure:33499: gcc -c -std=gnu99  -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include -DLDAP_DEPRECATED-DSUNOS5 -Iinclude -I./include  -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace -I./librpc -I./.. -I./../lib/popt -I./../lib/talloc -I./../lib/tevent -I../lib/tdb/include conftest.c >&5
configure:33499: $? = 0
configure:33508: result: yes
configure:33511: checking whether to use the old quota support
configure:33518: result: yes

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Thanks,
 	Andy