A possible debugging improvement to talloc ...

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Feb 23 04:43:29 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-02-13 at 13:36 -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> When I was chasing down a memory problem recently, I noticed that
> there is some spare bytes in the talloc_chunk that could contain
> another pointer, and thought this would be interesting:

We really need to be putting the talloc chunk on a diet.  If we can
find a way to use less memory I think that would help a lot - we have a
*lot* of talloc pointers.

That said, I see why you want this, it could be very handy in a tight
spot.

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba