Error 8418: The replication operation failed because of a schema mismatch between the servers involved

Matthieu Patou mat at matws.net
Mon Feb 15 06:57:12 UTC 2016

On 02/13/2016 12:21 AM, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Matthieu,
>
>>> Main strange in decrypted response is:
>>> attid: UNKNOWN_ENUM_VALUE (0x200F4)
>> My script showattid for a 2010 exchange schema seems to indicate that
>> it's homeMDB attribute:
>>
>> scripts/showattid.py -s ~/workspace/samba/exchange2010/etc/smb.conf 0x200F4
>> Unknown parameter encountered: "dns recursive queries"
>> Ignoring unknown parameter "dns recursive queries"
>> CN=MSMQ-NT4-FLAGS,CN=SCHEMA,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=EXCHANGE,DC=HOME,DC=MATWS,DC=NET
>>
>> 1.2.840.113556.1.2.244
>> Attid 0x200F4(131316) is attribute homeMDB
>>
>> Can you check the definition of this attribute in the schema NC for
>> Windows and Samba DC ?
> Does this have the msDS-IntID attribute set?
Yes:
dn:
CN=ms-Exch-Home-MDB,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=exchange,DC=home,DC=matws,DC=net
cn: ms-Exch-Home-MDB
attributeID: 1.2.840.113556.1.2.244
msDS-IntId: -2096876625

> If so it could be related to Andrew's fixes here:
> http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gw?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=8007f1df75cfbcc44815a368f661317d8dbc0f3e
> http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gw?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=5ae622c076c56f7adaf8eeed0cfdaf657cb91beb
> in
> http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gw?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/replMetaData-attid
>
> An older version is available here:
> https://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=ef3a565a47d2dbc07208ca5239d83d367eb133b2
> https://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=9fc9a3123101977435b90d6778c7033c5d907d99
> in
> https://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/replMetaData-attid
I think it's worth a try, obviously it should be tested on some non
critical environment to avoid any suprises !
> See
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2016-January/thread.html#111361
> for the discussion.
I'll have a closer look

> Checking the prefixMap attribute is good, but note that this is not a
> replicated attribute
> and the content may not have the same format on Windows vs. Samba.
Yes I agree, still despite a different representation we should insure
that we have the same data.
> It would be interesting to see the struct drsuapi_DsGetNCChanges
> messages in the other direction too,
> where we replicate from Windows. We need to compare the
> drsuapi_DsReplicaOIDMapping_Ctr arrays.
Would be much easier if my PIDL patches were accepted at the moment
where I was active at doing them :-)