Samba Engineer wanted ...

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Sat Feb 13 22:14:15 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-12 at 16:36 -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Matthieu Patou <mat at matws.net> wrote:

> >> I recently discussed with Günther that we should
> >> probably add some RESTful APIs to Samba... :-)
> >
> > And some NODEjs too.
>
> No, no, no! You need to add some HyperConvergence sauce!

Well, on a serious note, Samba is certainly part of
various HyperConverged setups, but since this by
definition involves multiple components, it is nothing
that Samba can easliy achieve alone... Then again, we
are already at least a converged setup of smb, nmb,
rpc, ldap, dns, krb ... servers. :-)

But what is really important for a hipster project, is
having funky (but somewhat arbitrary) code names for
components and releases, that at least I can really _never_
ever memorize. ;-)

I have thought hard about this over the past few weeks,
and here are as a starting point some that we could use:

  wheelbarrow
  lobotomy
  megalith
  trolley