The plan for eliminating lp_posix_pathnames()

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Feb 12 00:45:46 UTC 2016

Just in case you wondered what I was up to with
this :-).

Currently my plan is to move to using
const struct smb_filename * instead of const char *
on more of the VFS interfaces (such as
get_nt_acl_fn(), mkdir, rmdir, rename etc.)

Once this is plumbed through the VFS I
think the best idea is to add a bool posix_pathnames
to the struct smb_filename, which gets set
from the toplevel parse of the incoming
client SMB1/SMB2 request.

At that point all the functions on the
other side of the VFS that do lp_posix_pathnames()
can be changed to look into smb_fname->posix_pathname
instead !

The nice thing is I can get the patches that
make these VFS changes reviewed slowly, one
at a time without having to do a flag day/big
change.

I'm currently in the process of doing this
to SMB_VFS_GET_NT_ACL() as a test case (and
it seems to be going quite well).

Sounds like a plan ?

Jeremy.