Does linux smb2 client supports DFS capability?

Hemanth Thummala hemanth.thummala at nutanix.com
Wed Dec 21 23:09:03 UTC 2016

Hello All,

I am trying to connect to a DFS enabled share from a linux(RHEL6) smb2 client. And I could see that, client just stops connecting the share as soon as it sees PATH NOT COVERED error. Then I have observed that its actually not negotiating the DFS capability at all.

It is mentioned in the following guide(by Steve French) that DFS support is not yet available.
https://pserver.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/linux-cifs-client-guide.pdf

I would like to know if there any recent work done to support the same.

Thanks,
Hemanth.