samba 4.5.0 on hpux ia64: smbd not able to use domain users for file sharing

Arjit Gupta arjitk.gupta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 08:52:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

Issue Background:-

   1. Configure samba as member to ADS/NT4 server
   2. Share a folder from samba member server

Issue:-

   - Try to access share folder from domain user(other non admin user which
   exists in ADS/NT4 server).
   - It fails with with error NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER.

>From the log it seems that winbind is able to find and authenticate the
user. but smbd fails to get user logs NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER error.

Please let me know if any more information is required at my end.

Arjit Kumar