[Patches] Avoid selftest/autobuild interaction with /tmp

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 03:05:57 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 4:35 AM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 10:44:14PM +0100, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > here're some patches from my master3-libsmb-ok branch:
> > https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=
> shortlog;h=refs/heads/master3-libsmb-ok
> >
> > The work towards passing cli_credentials from the command line handling
> > through the source3/libsmb code down to gensec revealed some strange
> > problems which are triggered by using the default krb5 ccache under
> > /tmp/krb5cc_*, while I was there I added some more code to export
> > TMPDIR so that more tests parts don't pollute /tmp.
> >
> > Please review and push.
>
> Thanks for this one Metze - LGTM. Pushed.
>
> Hopefully this will get us closer to a stable and
> reproducible autobuild platform !

Since the TMPDIR change, I have had two random autobuild failures.

Here's the latest one which fails in talloc:

  [32/35] abi_check: lib/talloc/bin/default/lib/talloc/libtalloc.so
  sort: cannot create temporary file in ‘/m/amitay/a/b552249/tmp’: No
such file or directory

It appears as if the TMPDIR has been removed prematurely.  Any ideas?

Amitay.