[Patches] Avoid selftest/autobuild interaction with /tmp

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Sun Dec 18 12:55:22 UTC 2016

Am 17.12.2016 um 18:35 schrieb Jeremy Allison:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 10:44:14PM +0100, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> here're some patches from my master3-libsmb-ok branch:
>> https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master3-libsmb-ok
>>
>> The work towards passing cli_credentials from the command line handling
>> through the source3/libsmb code down to gensec revealed some strange
>> problems which are triggered by using the default krb5 ccache under
>> /tmp/krb5cc_*, while I was there I added some more code to export
>> TMPDIR so that more tests parts don't pollute /tmp.
>>
>> Please review and push.
>
> Thanks for this one Metze - LGTM. Pushed.
>
> Hopefully this will get us closer to a stable and
> reproducible autobuild platform !

I hope so, looking at /tmp/ I noticed that
smbprn.* files are the only things which still
endup there. I haven't found yet were we need to fix this.
Maybe some 'path = ' line on print shares in
selftest/target/Samba3.pm, but I don't see where we currently
use /tmp explicit nor where we set it implicit in loadparm.

metze