[Patches] auth/credentials for user_auth_info

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 11:07:24 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here're some patches to prepare the auth/credentials logic for
> usage within struct user_auth_info.
>
> This took quite some cycles to pass a full autobuild, it turns
> out that we have a lot of explicit and implicit test cavarage
> of the source3 POPT_COMMON_CREDENTIALS handling.
>
> Please review and push:-)
>
> This depends on the "Avoid selftest/autobuild interaction with /tmp"
> patchset.
>
> Thanks!
> metze

[...]

/*
+ * We need to readd '=' in order to let
+ * the strlen() work in the last loop
+ * that clears the memory.
+ */
+ *ptr = '=';
[...]

Ugh.  I suppose every other way to handle this is actually uglier, but
it still makes me feel dirty. That being said, +1 from the peanut
gallery ("peanut gallery" +1s are of the square root of -1 variety,
but this way whenever I see that particular piece of code, I have to
blame myself or figure out a more clean way of handling it - it's an
accountability thing).

--
Peace and Blessings,
-Scott.