[PATCH] Separate event handling daemon from ctdbd
amitay at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 09:46:22 UTC 2016
In the efforts to split the monolithic ctdb daemon into multiple smaller
processes, this is the first piece of the code that is separated as a new
daemon. ctdb-eventd will be a long running daemon that is started from
ctdbd (similar to recovery daemon) and handles the job of running events.
This patch series following new abstractions:
- run_proc to execute an external binary and capture the output.
- sock_daemon a framework to writing daemons using unix domain sockets
The eventd code introduces the following new code:
- Eventd protocol and marshalling code
- Eventd implementation
- Client code to talk to eventd
- CTDB tool helper (ctdb_event)
- Tests to ensure the expected behaviour of eventd
The existing functionality related to handling events has been dropped from
Since the patch series is large, here's the git reference:
Please review and push.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 344914 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the samba-technical