how to enable nss-wrapper in samba 4.3.9

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Wed Dec 14 06:46:43 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, 14 December 2016 00:46:24 CET Fengwei wrote:
> Hi all:
>          Thanks for your attention. I have a question about nss_wrapper
> library.
 I want to get user and group information from my own passwd and
> group files in samba 4.3.9. So I use the package 'nss_wrapper'.Firstly,I
> install the nss_wrapper library;Secondly, I use the function setenv() to
> set LD_PRELOAD=libnss_wrapper.so, NSS_WRAPPER_PASSWD = passwd and
> NSS_WRAPPER_GROUP=group in smbd, but it doesn't work. I want to ask how to
> enable nss-wrapper and get user and group information from my own passwd
> and group files in samba 4.3.9? Thanks.

Hi,

nss_wrapper is not really meant for production, it is a testing tool :-).
However you need to preload nss_wrapper before you start smbd. Doing it in
smbd is wrong and too late.

See 'man ld.so'

	Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org