tdb_append in 1.3.11 Re: [Samba] ABI changes analysis report for Samba libraries

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Dec 12 16:37:44 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-12-12 at 16:55 +0300, Andrey Ponomarenko via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The ABI analysis report for the latest versions of Samba: https://abi
> -laboratory.pro/tracker/timeline/samba/
>
> talloc: https://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/timeline/talloc/
> tdb: https://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/timeline/tdb/

I have one question:  How did the change to tdb_append get made in
1.3.11?  I can't see how our source changed in a way that broke that
symbol, and I would like to understand these things better.

> tevent: https://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/timeline/tevent/
>
> Hope the report will be helpful for users and maintainers of Samba
> libraries.

Thanks.  samba-technical at lists.samba.org is the better list for this,
so I've moved my reply there.

> It is generated by the open-source ABICC 2.0 tool:
> https://github.com/lvc/abi-compliance-checker

Thanks!