[Release Planning 4.6] Samba 4.6.0 scheduled for March 7

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Dec 9 18:24:02 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-12-08 at 09:55 +0100, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 11/24/2016 01:01 PM, Uri Simchoni wrote:
> >
> > Hopefully the attached version strikes a better balance between
> > brevity
> > and providing of useful information (the information is also in the
> > man
> > page).
>
> many thanks to Uri and Ralph who already provided some information!
> :-)
>
> But well, I don't think it's all that should be mentioned!
> Only ~2 weeks left... So guys, please provide some information about
> your fancy new features!

I'm trying to finish up the multi-process support, which should make a
big difference.  I'll note that once we get it in.

Douglas is also still working on replication perf improvements.  We
hope to avoid the last major O(n^2) loop for large numbers of group
members.

As always, a big rush, but it will be well worth writing up once it
lands.

Thanks,