ctdb reclock API for etcd/librados

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Fri Dec 9 10:13:52 UTC 2016

Hi David,

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 15:13:42 +0100, David Disseldorp <ddiss at suse.de>
wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 17:42:14 +1100, Amitay Isaacs wrote:

> > Due to the unconditional addition of ctdb-recd-lock, our nightly CTDB
> > builds/tests are failing.  That's the reason for urgency (and my bad mood).
>
> Okay, thanks for the explanation. Out of interest, how was the new
> executable causing the build/test failure? Can we get the same checks
> into autobuild, to avoid this in future.

The extra files cause RPM build failures.

We build RPMs to install on the nodes of the virtual clusters that we
build to test with.  This works well and only really matters because we
need a consistent way of installing across a cluster - not something
that is needed with non-clustered Samba.

We could do:

  %define _unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0

but then we could miss new core files that we definitely want to
package.  This happens to me occasionally when I forget to update the
RPM spec file.

Sadly, it probably doesn't make sense to try to test this in
autobuild.  :-(

peace & happiness,
martin