Samba and NFS server on same system using same filesystems

Ron Short short at sgi.com
Thu Dec 8 16:20:59 UTC 2016

This would be installed on a RHEL 6.7/8 system.  As far as I know, it's
usage would be to provide the data to a 52 node cluster via NFS AND
serve the XFS filesystem as Samba shares to the ~60 Windows workstations.

Little is known about the actual applications/data to be used, but
likely input files to simulation runs, output files and misc "stuff".
Expect that a subset of the compute nodes would be processing the data
via NFS and the Windows workstations via Samba would be used for pre and
post processing of the results.

Ron Short                                       email: short at sgi.com
Solutions Architect                             office: 651/683-7542
SGI Global Professional Services                fax: 651/683-5276