WIP WSP patches

Volker Lendecke vl at samba.org
Thu Aug 18 11:10:52 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 05:20:58PM +0100, Noel Power wrote:
> As promised here is the current set of patches for (work in progress)
> WSP (Windows Search protocol) It would be really great to be able to
> have this as an experimental feature. There are alot patches involved,
> some of them you have seen before but they never really got progressed.
> I hope I can get your help to push on further with this -)

Sorry it took so long: I would feel a lot better if this went without
modifications to core rpc_server.c. Is it possible to write this as an
external daemon listening on a unix domain stream socket, like the
fssd.c does. This might not be RPC, but raw pipes, but the idea should
be the same.

I might be completely off here, but if-statements in rpc_server.c lead
to problems later I guess.

Volker