CLOCK_BOOTIME (commit cf87f8587)

Volker Lendecke vl at samba.org
Sun Aug 14 08:44:22 UTC 2016

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 04:12:56PM -0700, Christof Schmitt wrote:
> That would be one option. The other thought would be having a second
> function clock_gettime_boottime and use that in codepaths reachable from
> winbindd, and keep using clock_gettime_mono from smbd (mainly
> vfs_time_audit and profiling). I have not looked enough into the details
> to say whether that would be feasible.

If we go there, we need descriptive names that show the intended use.
For example profiling_gettime and/or tevent_gettime. The former is the
cheap one that might be imprecise, the latter is the one that times
out properly.

What are the errors that we're talking about? winbind is supposed to
time out its functions immediately after the laptop is woken up. Apart
from that, what can happen if we use the _mono variant everywhere
instead of the _bootime one?

Volker