Example code for using Samba python bindings

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 1 02:56:09 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-07-29 at 11:03 -0500, Steve French wrote:
> Any good example code using Samba python bindings for smbclient like
> purposes (getting files, connecting to servers, issuing reads etc.)?
>
> The info I found looked older or out of date
>
> https://www.samba.org/~jelmer/samba4-python.pdf

For samba.smb, the bindings are of the source lib, and are used in
python/samba/netcmd/gpo.py

These look more complete than the libsmb_samba_internal bindings, which
are only used in the python/samba/tests/libsmb_samba_internal.py test.

I hope this helps,

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba