ctdb-system and libpcap

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Tue Apr 26 00:13:52 UTC 2016

Hi Steve,

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 23:40:08 -0500, Steve French
<smfrench at gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed that ctdb-system has an unusual dependency (on
> libpcap-devel), the other files in the typical package of ctdb seem
> more typical (except for the event scripts which look like they have
> changed and may cause packaging issues looking at Fedora's spec file
> e.g.)
>
> How important is ctdb-system to package for ctdb?

On Linux, you should be able to build CTDB without pcap.  I'm
pretty sure that pcap is used only in the TCP connection killing code
on non-Linux systems.  On Linux we use a packet socket in that code to
capture network traffic.

peace & happiness,
martin