Need some hints on the Samba self-test stuff ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 21:36:40 UTC 2016

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org> wrote:
> On Saturday, 23 April 2016 07:56:20 CEST Richard Sharpe wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Primarily, I want to write tests for the net ads dns etc stuff ...
>>
>> 1. How do I ensure that, say, Samba is running as an AD DC with DNS
>> support prior to the test running
>>
>> 2. How do I ensure that the client env is correct so that the subunit
>> tests I write will run?
>
> Start with:
>
> https://sambaxp.org/archive_data/SambaXP2015-SLIDES/thu/track3/sambaxp2015-thu-track3-Andreas_Schneider-HowToUseTheSambaSelftestSuite.pd
>
> Your selftest target will be "ad_member:local".

Is that correct? It seems to create a member server which I do not care about.

> You can create 'testprogs/blackbox/test_net_ads_dns.sh' and look at
> 'testprogs/blackbox/test_net_ads.sh' what how to write a test.
>

> To plan the test, edit: source4/selftest/tests.py
>

> To have an interactive testenv:
> make testenv SELFTEST_TESTENV="ad_member:local"

This brings up a window that I do not know what to do with.

Should that be local, client, or what?

Hmmm, OK, I guess I don't understand how to do the interactive testing stuff.

I changed it to ad_dc_ntvfs:local ... and then ran into some problems
with my script by they were due to expecting too many parameters ...

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe