Are there some secret compiler options being used here?

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 16:09:13 UTC 2016

For the life of me I cannot figure out how the following from
source3/utils/net_dns.c in master is supposed to work:

                err = dns_update_transaction(mem_ctx, conn, req, &resp);
                if (!ERR_DNS_IS_OK(err)) goto error;

                if (!ERR_DNS_IS_OK(err)) {
                        DEBUG(3,("DoDNSUpdate: unsigned update failed\n"));
                }

What I find curious is how the DEBUG message could ever be printed.

Are there some secret compiler options being used?

I was thinking of preparing a patch, but figured I should check.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe