Thoughts on how to communicate to VFS functions that a CREATE is occurring

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Apr 4 19:40:25 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 08:06:14PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 08:26:56AM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> > > Maybe it's time that we take a look at your patches. Do you also have
> > > testcases covering your requirements?
> >
> > Not yet ...
>
> But you do have patches, don't you?

I already pointed out to Richard privately, the
changes in master for SMB2 unix extensions should
allow him to do what is needed here.

All SMB1/2/3 create requests set UCF_PREP_CREATEFILE
in the lookup stage and pass to unix_convert(), which
resolves into a struct smb_filename. That now has
the 'flags' field that can be mapped into a vendor-specific
flag that should be able to do what he needs - even
for DFS lookups.

Jeremy.