Thoughts on how to communicate to VFS functions that a CREATE is occurring

Sun Apr 3 07:40:26 UTC 2016

On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 02:31:43PM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> When you are returning DFS referals on CREATE for some directories you
> do not want to return OBJECT_NOT_FOUND when the client sends you a
> valid GET_DFS_REFERRAL for objects that are not redirected.
>
> However, it is hard to know, in the VFS, why you were called, and
> SMB_VFS_STAT is called in both paths.
>
> I really want to avoid modifying Samba as much as possible.

Can we elevate that to 10 miles above? What is the product-level feature
that you can't implement right now? Or can't you speak about that?

Thanks,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de