Edit existing SID<->UID / SID <->GID entries

Kenny Dinh kdinh at peaxy.net
Fri Apr 1 00:01:25 UTC 2016

Apparently, I can use "net idmap restore input.txt", where input.txt
contains,

GID 1000027 S-1-5-21-793149494-1688123433-2112087125-1121

to set the GID mapping for a particular SID. I can do the same to map SID
to UID, by specifying UID as a prefix instead of UID.

It seems "net idmap restore" is the method to edit and existing map of
SID<->UID / SID <-> GID.
I'm not sure why the man page as well as --help for "wbinfo
--set-uid-mapping, --set-gid-mapping" and "net idmap setmap" were not
removed.

Was it an omission by mistake?