Samba AD DC and Kerberos

Anoop Singh anoop.singh at celstream.com
Tue Sep 29 11:28:55 UTC 2015

Hi learned Members,

I have few questions regarding configuring samba as Active directory domain controller and in case of connecting samba with windows active directory.

1.       To connect Samba with Windows active directory we need winbind and Kerberos configured. Is Kerberos a must requirement? Is there any way to bypass it or use some other protocol?

2.       In the above case I can understand as we are connecting to windows active directory Kerberos may be needed but when we configure samba itself as an active directory domain controller why is Kerberos needed? Is it for testing purpose only? Is there a way to bypass it or use some other protocol?

3.       Do we need ACL, xattr support mandatorily to make both configurations work means samba as AD DC and connecting samba to windows AD?

Clarification will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Anoop.

DISCLAIMER: This electronic message and any attachments to this electronic message is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. It is the property of Celstream Technologies Private Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby strictly notified not to copy, forward, distribute or use this message or any attachments thereto. If you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies thereof, from your system and notify the sender at Celstream Technologies or administrator at celstream.com immediately.