When / why are messages sent (Bug 11053)

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Thu Sep 24 22:40:38 UTC 2015

This question is inspired by Bug 11053 - "source3/lib/msghdr.c compiling
error on Solaris". I am wondering just when and why does 4.3.0 send messages.
Currently there are two ways to get Samba 4.3.0 to compile on Solaris. The
ugly patch from Comment 1 and hacking bin/default/include/config.h as mentioned
in comment 13. I am wondering if either way produces working code. I think
that the ugly patch may not. One way to find out would be to have Samba do
whatever function it is that causes messages to be sent.

Tom Schulz
Applied Dynamics Intl.
schulz at adi.com