Upgrading AD DC 4.2.x to 4.3.0

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 10:11:40 UTC 2015

Hi samba team,
I'd like to update my DCs to 4.3.0 version and before start I have a
couple of questions.

I have 2 DCs running 4.2.1 and they were affected by bug 11235 and had
to apply the workaround suggested by Rowland Penny

   server services = -winbindd + winbind

Now, do I need to stop all DCs to upgrade to 4.3.0 or is it safe to have
one running 4.2.x while the other 4.3.0?

Second question, bug 11235 is still opened. Do I have to keep the above
line in my smb.conf or can I remove it and enable winbindd?

Thanks in advance,
Daniele.