Building Samba 4.3.0 on Solaris 10

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Tue Sep 15 17:59:44 UTC 2015

I just sent the following to the users list, but I thought that I should
post it here too.

For anyone wanting to build Samba 4.3.0 for Solaris 10, you will need the
patches for 4 bugs.

11053 source3/lib/msghdr.c compiling error on Solaris
11508 nss_tests.c too many arguments to getpwent_r
11511 Linking texpect symbol rep_fprintf not found
11512 Linking smbtorture: undefined symbol getgrouplist

All four bugs have patches. The patch for bug 11053 is considered
"unbelievably *ugly*" by Jeremy Allison, but it does work.

It would be really nice if fixes for all four bugs could show up in 4.3.1

Tom Schulz
Applied Dynamics Intl.
schulz at adi.com