[Samba] Problem with account with bad character

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 11:30:36 UTC 2015

Hi Stéphane,

As far as I understand you have one user using the following DN:
CN=vdu,CN=Users,DC=cormandom,DC=int-corman,DC=be
which you can not delete nor modify because its displayName attribute is
not well encoded.

Rowland gave you the way to proceed, using ldbmodify to modify your user.
And this process avoid deletion of your user, which also avoid re-creation
of this user.

I'll rewrite what Rowland said:
+ Create a text file on the DC which contains the wrong user object with
the following content :
----------------------------
dn: CN=vdu,CN=Users,DC=cormandom,DC=int-corman,DC=be
changetype: modify
replace: displayName
displayName: Valérie Dubois

This file is a LDIF file which would "replace" displayName with the
displayName you gave, this action will be performed for on DN, the one you
gave.

Then use that file with ldbmodify:
Let's say you called the file "vdu.ldif", the command will be :
ldbmodify -H $sam /path/to/vdu.ldif