Winbindd not running on Android

Anoop Singh anoop.singh at celstream.com
Tue Sep 15 06:30:49 UTC 2015

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot for the help and guidance.
Do you mean this issue is fixed probably in release 4.3, the newest one? Actually I am using older version of samba 4.1.14.
So if I want to fix this issue in 4.1.14, as per your mail I need to remove all the instances of "allow_undefined_symbols=True" or does it mean to replace with "allow_undefined_symbols=False" in these files:

1. source3/wscript_build
2. source3/winbindd/wscript_build
3. source3/modules/wscript_build

I also see the instance used in these files also
1. buildtools/wafsamba/wafsamba.py : in this file  at line no 133 and 417, allow_undefined_symbols=False
2. buildtools/wafsamba/samba_python.py: in this file at line no 65, allow_undefined_symbols=True

What should I do with these instances. Looks like I don't need to change anything in these two places. Please confirm.

Thanks & regards,
Anoop.