Winbindd not running on Android

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 15 00:44:35 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-09-14 at 12:05 +0000, Anoop Singh wrote:
> Hi Members,
>
> I cross compiled samba for ARM successfully but while running
> "winbindd" I find this error on my Android device:
>

> soinfo_link_image(linker.cpp:1641): could not load library
>  "libidmap.so" needed by "winbindd"; caused by
>  soinfo_relocate(linker.cpp:981): cannot locate symbol
>  "find_domain_from_name" referenced by libidmap.so"...CANNOT LINK
>  EXECUTABLE

I think what we need to do is remove all the instances of
'allow_undefined_symbols=True' in the wscript_build files, and fix the
result, in particular around idmap.  It may require reworking the
dependencies and subsystem values for the modules.

That should fix up the issue.

Or, if the issue is a libidmap from another library, then this has been
fixed for 4.3 (we renamed it).

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba